Article 1 (Personal Information)
Article 2 (Acquisition and Use of Personal Information)
We may acquire from and use Personal Information of users of our services (the “Services”) (individually “User” or collectively “Users”) within the scope necessary for the following purposes. If we seek to use such Personal Information beyond the following purposes, we will obtain prior written consent of the User whose Personal Information is concerned :
(1) To perform, improve, and refine the Services, or to develop new services;
(2) To notify Users of new functions or updated information of the Services, campaigns, and our other services (including via e-mails, flyers, and other direct mails);
(3) To answer questions from Users regarding the Services (including to confirm Users identification);
(4) To request Users to answer any questionnaires and questions regarding the Services or to attend events, or to report the answers of such questionnaires and questions or results of such events to such Users;
(5) To conduct research on and provide analysis of the history of the Services and to utilize the results of such research and analysis for the improvement and development of the Services and to deliver any promotional materials; and
(6) To identify Users who have violated the terms and conditions, policies, and precautions regarding the Services or who intend to use the Services for unlawful or illegitimate purposes, and to block their use of Services.
Article 3 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
We will carefully and closely manage Personal Information and will not disclose or provide such Personal Information to any third parties without the prior written consent of Users whose Personal Information is concerned, except in the following circumstances:
(1) if such disclosure of Personal Information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of such person;
(2) if such disclosure of Personal Information is necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person whose Personal Information is concerned;
(3) if such disclosure of Personal Information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by such state organ or local government in executing the affairs required by laws and regulations, and if obtaining the consent of the person whose Personal Information is concerned is likely to hinder the execution of such affairs;
(4) if we entrust the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve our purposes as stipulated in Article 2, in order to implement our operations smoothly;
(5) if such Personal Information is obtained as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise;
(6) if such Personal Information is used jointly between specific individuals or entities, and in such case if the scope, and purposes of such joint use, and the name of the individual or business operator responsible for the management of such Personal Information have been notified to the User(s) whose Personal Information is concerned in advance; and
(7) if it is permitted by laws and regulations to disclose or provide Personal Information.
We will take preventive and corrective measures against risks resulting from any unlawful access to Personal Information, or any loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of Personal Information.
Article 4 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
Upon a request of a User, we will promptly disclose the Personal Information of such User. However, we may keep all or part of such Personal Information undisclosed, if we cannot verify the identity or such disclosure falls under any of the following categories; and in this case, we will promptly notify such User:
(1) if such disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of such User or any other third parties;
(2) if such disclosure is likely to hinder the proper execution of our business; and
(3) If such disclosure may result in violation of any laws and regulations.
Article 5 (Correction, Addition and Deletion, Opt Out of Personal Information)
1. We will, upon the request of the User whose Personal Information is concerned, correct, add, delete, or stop using the personal information in accordance with applicable law.
2. Based on the request of such User whose Personal Information is concerned, as referred in paragraph 1 of this Article 5, the User is required to submit certain documents such as IDs to verify the identity.
Article 7 (Cookies)
Article 8 (GDPR Compliance)
We do not collect personal information such as names and email addresses from EEA residence unless you knowingly provide that information or without your affirmative consent. The lawful ground to process personal information is as described in Article 2. You can exercise your rights under GDPR according to Article 4 and 5 via our customer desk described in Article 10. A guardian’s consent or permission must be obtained in the event that a User is under the age of 16 and is required consent.
Article 9 (CCPA Compliance)
We do not collect personal information such as names and email addresses from California residence unless you knowingly provide that information or without prior notification. We do not share or sell your personal information, nor do we have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Article 10 (Customer Desk)
For inquiries concerning our policy of handling of Personal Information or your exercise of the rights under applicable law, please contact us as below at:
Kuwano Bld 2F, Jingu-mae 6-23-4, Shibuyaku, Tokyo, Japan